Sunday, August 5, 2007

SOCKS!!!


I finished my first pair of socks.... sock knitting might be the new crack. As long as it's not boring or on magic loop... *shudders*

I used this pattern...http://magknits.com/Mar07/patterns/rainy.htm

I changed the CO to a twisted rib. I think I did 6 rows.

This is the basic pattern...

Rnd 1: *k1, p1, k2, p1, k1; repeat from *
Rnd 2: *k1, p1, yo, ssk, p1, k1; repeat from *
Rnd 3: As rnd 1.
Rnd 4: *k1, p1, k2tog, yo, p1, k1; repeat from *

At round three I slipped the first stitch on every needle (I used 4) to the previous needle so that the first stitch was a purl. Then at the K1 at the end and k1 at the beginning of the pattern I made a mock cable. So the pattern became p1, K2, p1, mock cable 2.
I did the mock cable as k2tog but don't slip the stitches off the needle, insert the needle back into the first stitch, knit, then slip both stitches off. I got that from Weekend Knitting (see Union Square poncho).

I also made the heel with a twisted rib.

So those are my socks. Now it's off to bed so I can start work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Vouray said...

I wish I liked doing socks...oh, well. Finished Potter last night. Neat and tidy.

"Meems" said...

NICE!! tHEY LOOK COMFY!