Friday, August 3, 2007

Cross posted

I wrote this on my lj...

So today was COMLEX Level 2. Started the day at 9:40. Did all my sections, breaks, etc.

I was finishing my last 50 questions. I hit submit and verified YES I want to end this section. Then ERROR.. and the computer restarted. AHHHHHHHH.. I stared at the computer for a good 5 minutes like WHAT??? No maybe if I close my eyes it will go back to the test and tell me it actually finished it. There is suppose to be a survey at the end where I get to tell the NBOME that their graphics suck and I didn't have problems, etc. Well no survey. The lady at prometric couldn't print my verification that I finished the test, her computer was saying it was still incomplete. She called the IT people and they said they wouldn't know anything until after she closed the site. So I called prometric help center at 745 before they closed. The lady there thinks the test was submitted to the NBOME. I have to call them to make sure it actually did and they got all the sections. I left a message with NBOME but they won't be there until Monday at 9am. So I may or may not have a test to grade. I'd really like to not take boards again. I just don't have time to study again, and I am not smart enough to keep all that random garbage that only boards ask in my head for another month. ...uhh.. As soon I called my mom to tell her how the test went I lost it.... stupid prometric people.

There were several EVMS kids taking USMLE 2 today. Sarah and I chatted with a couple of them during our breaks. There is something about taking medical boards ... well that just screams "I AM TAKING BOARDS TODAY"!!!! Maybe it's the lack of sleep look or the stolen hospital scrubs but there's definitely a look. I told one of the kids who I was rotating with next month... and he said "yeah Dr. Archer is a big deal..".. Awesome I am going to look like a moron. Really looking forward to being dumb next week.

That's all for now.. I am too tired to write anything else...

4 comments:

"Meems" said...

oh my gosh! That really sucks! What a nightmare. Hopefully everything will end up ok.

You wont look stupid!! You know, your like the year 2 or 3 Harry Potter. Even though he wasnt the best wizard yet... he was learning... and eager.. and strong... wow... That was SUCH a nerdy statement... should I gfo back and erase that? Oh well, youll laugh.

Allison said...

Yeah it sucks a lot... hopefully I'll know on Monday.

And it won't mean taking it again.

I am working on my sock right now... I can't knit fast enough.. I should probably stop drinking wine at the same time to do that.... but I deserve a bottle or two or three :-)

Vouray said...

That entry really stressed me out!

Allison said...

And I still don't know...

Now I have to email NBOME..because they apparently can't fix things on the phone. So who knows.....