Sunday, March 25, 2007

Works in Progress

Here's my Union Square Poncho in progress. The pictures are not the greatest for the color. It's a little darker in real life. And the mock rib doesn't come across well in the pictures, but it's really nice in real life. I promise. :-) It's about 6 inches long right now. I only have 50ish more to go, so it will be done in about 5 years.







Here's my Sublime Little Sporty Numbers Vest. This is my first big people sweater, and I picked a pretty complex pattern so again it will be done in 5 years or so. I really enjoy knitting with Sublime. It's a fabulous yarn. And here's a close up of the cable/bobble section. Cables are one of my new favorite things to knit.


Here's a picture of spring. Meredith and I went walking around downtown historic Wytheville. We should have gone yesterday when everything wasn't closed, but it was still nice to be outside enjoying the sun. There are a bunch of cute little shops in Wytheville, so hopefully we will get to them before June.



I love daffodils.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband and I drove down to Wytheville(sp?)the other week and drove all around the historic area. It is beautiful. Did you go in that little diner and have one of the famous hot dogs. We didn't, but I was wondering if they are really that great...........Loved your sweaters. Isn't the sublime wonderful?

Allison said...

We havne't been to Skeeter's yet. I told the girls that we need to go there one day. I've heard it's good. I heard all about it last month on Pediatrics. But if we go we'll definitely let you know how it is.

I've also heard the Log House is good. So eventually we will try to go there too.

Sublime is sublime... :-)

Vouray said...

There used to be a yarn shop in Downtown Wytheville, but she had to move away cause her husband got another job!

Miranda said...

I dunno sweetie, you ARE in wytheville for the term, you might finish your knitted goods sooner than you think. Look look! I have a blogger too! :)

"Meems" said...

Yeah, your projects are awesome! I agree that your pictures DO look like a different color- the sublime looks very different online- NICE WORK! I enjoyed sitting and talking poop and blood with you today.. hehehe

"Meems" said...

Yeah, your projects are awesome! I agree that your pictures DO look like a different color- the sublime looks very different online- NICE WORK! I enjoyed sitting and talking poop and blood with you today.. hehehe