Friday, March 23, 2007

Old pictures

Seeing as I still don't have batteries for my camera, I decided some old knitting pictures were in order. This is Pennington the cat. He loves to sleep on yarn... good thing he's a Hokie's fan too!! The scarf is some yarn from Mosiac that I bought way back in the day, but I don't remember what kind it is. It's two strands of yarn knit together on size 50 needles. Which are more like knitting with poles than actual needles.



Here's one of the latest uteri that I made. Made for one of my sister's friends in Florida. She wanted a uterus made out of the Russian Flag colors. She has an obsession for all things Russian. So here's the Russian Uterus.


This is the latest knitting I finished for myself. The hat is bright and obnoxious and I love it. The scarf was the bane of my existence for several months. I had to count and make sure I was on the right row, and I would mess up and have to rip it out. Or I'd get off and have to come into the shop and have Sandy fix it for me. But I did finally finished it, and I do love it. So that's really all that matters.


Ok time to go to work so I can save a few lives today. I don't think we are doing anything that exciting, but you never know what the day holds.

4 comments:

Vouray said...

Cute Kitty! Love that hat! Get that camera going so we can see the progress on that poncho!

Allison said...

I got batteries today (because otherwise my pager was not going to work.) I am on-call this weekend so I'll be knitting, watching TV and reading about Pancreatitis.

Anonymous said...

Okay, why would anyone want a Russian-colored uterus????????? Loved the hat. I'm not sure I've even seen size 50 needles! Go save the world. See ya soon.

Allison said...

I am not sure why she wanted a Russian uterus. I've had a request for a garnet and gold one. The other day I made one in John Deer colors for the girls at the surgery office. I need to get a picture of that one this week. People are strange.