Saturday, June 14, 2008

Moving etc.

Well... I am officially moved and mostly settled in Connecticut. I still need to buy a few things and organize my closet. My clothes have a way of taking over my room. I did order TV and Internet today, so I guess I should actually go buy a television soon. hehe.. I have no couch, TV, microwave, or coffee pot. These things need to be fixed. I also need silverware, I have 4 spoons, that's it. I didn't realize all the stuff I had or didn't have because most of it has been in storage since December and I didn't live at home for almost a year.

Graduation was graduation. My family is crazy and they drive me nuts, but I love them. They are the only family I have. My Uncle hooded me during the ceremony and I got to spend some time with my cousins, who I never see, so that was nice. We visited a few wineries, which always makes me happy. I took the $250,000 piece of paper by Mosaic. I also knitted during graduation. I am only moderately addicted to yarn. :)

mofia graduation

grad 24

grad 23

grad 17


I started a new sock the other day, because I completely don't need to start new projects. I bought some lovely Socks that Rock yarn from Knitters Knook. If you are ever out in the middle of no where (aka Boons Mill, VA) Becky was very lovely and she has a good selection of yarn, and you should visit her.

2227


The sock is a little big.... I need to start decreasing for the toe earlier than I think I do. I have ridiculously small feet and I apparently forget that. The pattern is waterfall rib from Sensational Socks. I have a feeling it's going to be a wearing around the house sock due to the largeness... oh well. I guess I could frog it and make it smaller, but that will most likely not happen.

I am thinking about venturing out to the Knitting in Public event in Windsor CT... but first I need to buy a TV and microwave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Connecticut! Always room for another knitter. I'm Debbie and I live in Manchester. Congratulations on your graduation.