Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The great de-stash of 08


SO.....

I've decided I am not allowed to start new projects until I finish a few of the WIPs that are sitting around. Moving gave me a perfect opportunity to reorganize my yarn. I found stuff that I had forgotten I even had. Between half of it being in Florida for most of the year and living out of my car, I could only have a limited amount of yarn with me at any given point. I am attempting to catalog all the yarn, add it to the stash in Ravelry and figure out projects for them. But first I have a giant Tupperware container filled with unfinished projects that need to be worked on.

The greatest part of reorganizing everything... I have a handy dandy ball winder and swift thanks to the lovely ladies from Blacksburg. (I miss you all greatly)

I've been knitting the Union Square Poncho from Weekend knitting for over a year...it's not a hard pattern I should be DONE with this thing. I measured it this morning and I am over half way done. I actually might not knit it to the 54' because the yarn has a lot of give, and I am afraid it will stretch out. I've started putting it in my bad daily so when I have a few moments I can get a row or two in... I really would like to finish this thing sometime in the next century.

I found the scarf I am making out of Be Sweet... a plain knitted scarf. I think there's 15 stitches across... yeah half done. Why don't I just finish these things? Also a bag I was making out of noro...everything done except the shoulder strap and the seams. Easy enough to finish.. now I just need to find the time.

With organizing my yarn I've found 8 different sock yarns waiting to be made projects. I pretty much have enough yarn to not buy yarn for the rest of the year and just knit from stash. I could probably go two, but I have no self control. I am hoping with my lack of free time to actually go buy new yarn, that I will get projects done,

I am still trying to figure out what I am going to make with this yarn.....it hasn't spoken to me yet, other than saying "take me home."I won this from Ravelry....so I may learn how to spin. I don't think I have time to learn how to spin, nor do I really have the desire right now... but I am dying to know how this yarn is going to take form.

No comments: