Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Yarn Ideas

So because I am working in Max Meadows this month on my lunch break I sometimes have time to stop by Fiber 4 Ewe. I picked up the multi colored hank of yarn seen above. It's yarn from a local spinner (Alana Anderson--The Maidservants Treasures). I have a picture of the sheep it came from.. it's pretty cool. I looked at this yarn the last time I was there but decided on the two seafoam ones (one seen above). Now the problem is I have this yarn and and no clue what to do with it. I want to use all three skeins together, but I am just not sure what. The teal color in the multi skein matches the two seafoam skeins. I have 210 yards of the seafoam color and 44 yards of the multi. The multi colored skein appears to be a heavier weight, but I don't think it's far off (it's a different breed of sheep from the other two). So my knitting geniuses... what should I make??? Not like I have time to knit more projects, but I couldn't resist handspun yarn that I know I can't get anywhere else. Don't worry Gina.. I still love Mosaic more.

I really went to buy stitch holders because I'll be needing them for my sweater, and I'd rather buy them from a local store than Wal-mart. ehhh.. the Wal-mart yarn section makes me ill.

5 comments:

Vouray said...

Did Fiber 4 ewe have any ideas what to do with the yarn? You expect me to help you think of a project with yarn you bought somewhere else? Cheater! Jeez, bring it to the store so we can drool over it...

Allison said...

I didn't get to stay very long there... I had to go back to work, and I don't know them well enough to ask for patterns yet and actually trust the advice.

I should be in Friday morning. I have the day off and I plan on knitting in the morning til my roommate gets off work.

And you've already seen the seafoam green yarn, just not the multi color one.

Anonymous said...

How about a set of intestines or maybe a pancreas or lungs or the ribcage. I could go on, but I'm making myself sick. Happy Knitting.

Vouray said...

Yes, Debbie is on to something...green yarn, snot is green, gangrened foot! Thats it!

"Meems" said...

hahaha!! Allison, I will be working Friday so i will see it then. I am thinking... wrist warmers? or a human heart....:)